Studio Shed Terms & Conditions
1. PAYMENT, CANCELLATIONS, AND DELIVERY.
- (a) Payment. Customer agrees to pay Studio Shed according to these terms and conditions. Payment times vary by whether you Order Installation Services or Do-it-Yourself (“DIY”) kits.
- (i) Installed Units: 50% deposit due at time of Order, 45% due before shipment, and the remaining 5% due at installation. Interest shall accrue on any past due sums at 18% A.P.R. or the highest interest rate allowed by law.
- (ii) DIY Kits: 50% deposit due at time of Order, 50% due before shipment.
- (b) Cancellations. Cancellations may be made within 48 hours of time of Order. Any cancellation made after 48 hours of Order time will be subject to a minimum $1,500 cancellation fee. No cancellation may be made after you have approve your Product for Production, verbally or in writing.
- (c) Shipping & Delivery. Shipping and delivery is handled through a certified freight company. Product is packaged in a warehouse. Delivery details and options will be discussed and will be customized for you.
2. ORDERS. Orders are not binding upon Studio Shed until accepted by Studio Shed in writing or online, including facsimile and e-mail. Studio Shed's acceptance of your Order is expressly conditioned upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions herein. Any additional or different terms or conditions contained in your Order or in any other correspondence shall be of no force or effect, unless such terms and conditions are specifically agreed to in writing by Studio Shed.
3. PRICES AND QUOTATIONS. Unless specifically agreed to in advance by Studio Shed, all Product prices shall be Studio Shed's list prices in effect at the time of its receipt of your Order (the “Price”). The Price does not include sales or other taxes, if applicable. In addition to the Price, you agree to pay (either directly to the appropriate governmental entity or to Studio Sheds) any sales or other tax due under any applicable law.
4. DIY AND INSTALLATION SERVICES. There are three ways to order Product, either Do-It-Yourself, Installation Service, or Installation and Permit Services.
- (a) Do-It-Yourself. As the name implies, DIY requires you to install the Product yourself. The Product does not include lighting, electrical, steps, or wheels. If you order a DIY kit, you are solely responsible for all necessary permits, architectural/engineering work, foundational work (including site preparation) as well as the installation and assembly of the Product. You represent and warrant to Studio Shed that you have building experience, including but not limited to carpentry, roofing, reading of architectural plans and manuals, and any other necessary related experience in the building and construction industry or that you will hire someone with such qualifications to install and assemble the Product. Studio Shed accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for anything related to a DIY installation. You are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary building permits and complying with all applicable building and safety codes in the installation of the Product.
- (b) Installation Service. If you choose Studio Shed’s Installation Services (the “Installation Services”):
- (i) Certified Installer. You authorize Studio Shed on your behalf to:
- (a) arrange for the Installation Services to be performed by an independent contractor (licensed when legally required) (“Certified Installer”)
- (b) issue a work order to the Certified Installer to perform the Installation Services,
- (c) have the Certified Installer’s work inspected, should Studio Shed in its discretion choose to do so but you agree that Studio Shed has no obligation to do so, and
- (d) pay the Certified Installer after the completion of the work and after receipt of a certificate, signed by you or on your behalf, stating that the work has been satisfactorily completed (the “Certificate of Completion”).
- (ii) Final Inspection and Payment. At the time of completion of the Installation Services, you and the Certified Installer will perform a final walk-through inspection and execute a Certificate of Completion. If you are not available within 20 minutes of the time of completion of the Installation Services, the Certified Installer will perform a final walk-through inspection without you and execute a Certificate of Completion on your behalf. Studio Shed will rely upon the Certificate of Completion (whether signed by you or the Certified Installer on your behalf) in paying the Certified Installer for the Installation Services. Your payment to Studio Shed is due upon the final walk-through inspection (which will be performed within 20 minutes after completion of the Inspection Services).
- (iii) Certified Installer is an Independent Contractor. YOU AGREE THAT THE CERTIFIED INSTALLER WILL PERFORM THE INSTALLATION SERVICES ACTING AS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AND THAT STUDIO SHED SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OF THE CERTIFIED INSTALLER.
- (iv) Services Not Included. Unless otherwise agreed by Studio Shed in writing:
- (a) You agree that the Price for Installation Services does not include architectural/engineering services, foundational work including site preparation or structural changes to the land upon which the Product is to be installed (the “Premises”) or any other services beyond the ordinary and routine installation of the Product.
- (b) You agree that the Installation Services do not include lighting, electrical, steps, or wheels. YOU AGREE TO PROVIDE STUDIO SHED WITH THE EXACT LOCATION REQUIREMENTS AND ORIENTATION FOR PURCHASED PRODUCTS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. IF THE LOCATION, ORIENTATION, OR ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO THE PRODUCT CHANGES DURING INSTALLATION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ADDED INSTALLATION COSTS.
- (c) You are responsible, at your cost, for providing any necessary architectural/engineering services, foundational work, site preparation, or structural changes to the Premises or any other services not specifically identified in these terms and conditions.
- (v) Your Responsibilities. Unless otherwise agreed by Studio Shed in writing:
- (a) You represent and warrant that your site is free and clear of debris.
- (b) You represent and warrant that the work area is free of vermin, pre-existing physical or environmental hazards, and building/zoning code violations.
- (c) You represent and warrant that, if the Product will be installed on a concrete slab, that the concrete slab is both square and level within 1/4" of an inch. If the slab is not square and/ or out of level by more than 1/4", you will be billed at an hourly rate of $75 for any added labor time resulting from the said slab being out of level, or, Studio Shed may, at its option, elect not to install said Product until the concrete foundation is level and square.
- (d) You represent and warrant that, if installation will be on a floating floor, that the area the floor will be constructed on is level within 4". If the area where the floating floor is to be installed is out of level more than 4", customer will be billed at $75 per hour for the Certified Installer to level the said area, or Studio Shed may, at its option, elect not to install the Product until the floating floor area is level.
- (e) You represent and warrant that any security system at the installation site will not interfere with performance of the Installation Services.
- (f) You agree to facilitate the location of utility lines.
- (g) You are responsible for identifying property lines.
- (h) You promise not to impede the delivery of the Product including, but not limited to, moving cars, objects or any other personal property that may be in the way.
- (i) You promise to provide the Certified Installer with access to work areas during working hours and to provide access to sanitary facilities or to pay the rental costs for such facilities.
- (j) You promise to provide power to, as applicable, climate control in, the work areas. If power is not available within 150 feet of the installation site, you will be billed $300 for the use of a generator to supply power.
- (k) You promise not to allow unattended minors at the work area while the Certified Installer is present.
- (l) You promise to control and keep pets away from work areas.
- (m) Unless you choose the Studio Shed Permit Service (see Section 4(c) below), you promise to acquire at your own cost and expense, all required permits and to keep such permits on display at all times. In the event that the Certified Installer determines that a building permit is necessary and you have not obtained a building permit or you have obtained a building permit but the building permit is deficient, then the Certified Installer and Studio Shed may suspend all installation responsibilities of either or both of them until such time as the appropriate building permit is issued. Notwithstanding the foregoing, unless you choose the Studio Shed Permit Service (see Section 4(c) below), neither Studio Shed nor the Certified Installer shall have any obligation to make sure that you have an appropriate building permit; rather, they may rely entirely upon you to do so.
- (n) You agree that if you or anyone you control interferes with or delays performance of the Installation Services, you may be subject to transportation/storage charges or other resulting charges.
- (o) Any condition of the site or work area that is not in the condition represented or promised by you or any other condition that is not as represented or promised by you above is an “Unfit Condition” (as further defined in Section 4(b)(vi) below).
- (vi) Unfit Conditions. The Price for Installation Service assumes sound existing substructures, superstructure and points of attachments. If any condition is not as represented or promised by you as set forth in Section 4(b)(v) above or if there are any defective substructures, superstructures, points of attachments or the existence of any other defect, weakness, or dangerous condition including, but not limited to, un-level, not square, mold, mildew, rot, asbestos or infestation (collectively, “Unfit Conditions”), then Studio Sheds may, at its election, suspend Installation Services until such Unfit Conditions are remedied by you to Studio Shed’s satisfaction at your sole cost and expense or it may increase the Price by the cost and reasonable profit to Studio Shed of having to provide additional products, services, and/or Installation Services as a result of the Unfit Conditions. If Studio Sheds elects to increase its Price you will be required to execute a change order reflecting the Price change and to pay the additional Price at the time of the execution of the change order. In the event that you do not execute a change order and pay the additional price at the time of execution of the change order or eliminate all Unfit Conditions yourself, then Studio Sheds is excused from any further performance of Installation Services and shall be entitled to retain all monies previously paid by you and shall have no obligation to restore the Premises to their original condition.
- (vii) Claims. You agree that any claim against Studio Shed or the Certified Installer relating to your purchase or the Installation Services must be made to Studio Shed within thirty (30) calendar days of the date you first become aware of the problem or such claim will be deemed waived. Studio Shed will attempt resolution of any claim(s) within sixty (60) calendar days of receipt of your notice. YOU ASSUME THE RISK AND THE FULL LIABILITY OF PHYSICALLY ASSISTING WITH DELIVERY OF THE PRODUCT OR WITH PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTALLATION SERVICE
- (c) Installation with Permit Service. If you choose Studio Shed’s Permit Services, then in addition to the Installation Services described in Section 4(b) above, Studio Shed or a Certified Installer will:
- (i) provide stamped, engineered drawings specific to your state and location;
- (ii) prepare and submit all building permit applications with your county or city building department;
- (iii) receive your permit, and make adjustments as necessary to accommodate site plan or design changes;
- (iv) coordinate all inspections, and work with you to create an efficient project timeline; and
- (v) help your project to meet and pass all required inspections and to successfully close your building permit with your county building department.
- You shall pay (either directly to the appropriate governmental entity or to Studio Shed for ultimate payment to the appropriate governmental entity) all application and permit fees.
5. DELIVERY AND FORCE MAJEURE. Any and all shipping, delivery, and installation dates are estimates only, and Studio Shed does not guarantee that the Product will be shipped, delivered, or installed in accordance with such estimates. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Studio Shed may delay delivery of the Product without any liability therefore as a result of any delay caused by events outside Studio Shed's reasonable control including, but not limited to, work stoppages, labor difficulties, Studio Shed’s inability to obtain necessary materials, components, labor, or manufacturing facilities, or anything else that would in any way impair Studio Shed's ability to deliver the Product in the quantities ordered at the prices quoted.
6. SHIPMENT AND TITLE. You are deemed to receive the Product when you pick up the Product from Studio Shed's warehouses or upon delivery of the Product to your delivery address. Studio Shed shall bear all risk of loss and casualty to the Product until such time as the Product has been received or deemed to be received by you. You shall bear all risk of loss and casualty to the Product upon and after the Product has been received or deemed to be received by you. If the Product is delivered to your delivery address, you are solely responsible for and will insure against loss or casualty incurred during and after the unloading process at such location. You are solely responsible to inspect the Product upon receipt for any damages incurred during shipping before signing off with the delivery service. Upon signing the delivery papers by you or on your behalf, you are solely responsible for the Product and any and all costs associated with the Product.
7. RETURNS. Product may be returned only with the prior written authorization of Studio Shed, in Studio Shed's sole discretion. A return authorization number will be assigned to you by Studio Shed if Studio Shed authorizes a return. The return authorization number must be marked on the shipping container for the Product being returned. Any Product so returned shall be subject to a restocking fee of at minimum of 30% of the purchase Price. You shall bear the risk of loss during shipment with respect to any such returned Product and shall be responsible for insuring the Product for its purchase price. Any Product returned to Studio Shed without prior authorization shall be returned to you, freight collect. Studio Shed may place in storage any Product for which shipment is delayed by your inability or unwillingness to pay for and receive the Product. Such storage by Studio Shed shall be for your account at your expense, and the Product so stored shall be at your risk while stored.
8. LIMITED WARRANTY. Studio Shed warrants to the original purchaser of the Product that, should there be any defects in the material or workmanship during the initial 12 months (one year) from your receipt of the Product, Studio Shed will repair or replace the defective component(s) at its option. You must notify Studio Shed of any claim of defects in the material or workmanship within one 12 months (one year) after your receipt of the Product. Said notice must be in writing, set forth specifically the basis for the claim, and include a photograph of the defect(s). The failure to satisfy the requirements above will constitute irrevocable acceptance of the Product. All warranty claim notices should be sent to Studio Shed, attention to General Manager, 1500 Cherry Street, Suite S, Louisville, CO, 80027. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. (You may also have other rights which vary from state to state). Failure to follow the Construction Manual or any related instructions, and any abuse or misuse of the Product including unauthorized alterations, will void this Limited Warranty. Studio Shed is not responsible for damage caused by the location of the Product on or over inappropriate soils or terrain or by the use of improper replacement parts. Studio Shed assumes no responsibility and expressly disclaims all liabilities for damages due to misuse, neglect, improper maintenance or adjustments, and normal wear and tear of the Product. Studio Shed reserves the right to change and/or improve the design and/or specifications of the Product without notice or obligation to modify previously produced units. No installation or other instructions, advice, Product information, or marketing materials, whether oral or written, obtained by you at any time from Studio Shed or any vendor or retailer of Studio Shed Products shall create any Studio Shed express warranty not expressly stated in this Section.
STUDIO SHED MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS STATED IN THIS SECTION. ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL TERMINATE THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FIVE (365) DAYS FROM YOUR RECEIPT OF THE PRODUCT. (SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.)
9. THE PRODUCT IS NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO BE USED AS A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PRODUCT IS NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO BE USED AS A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING. USE OF THE PRODUCT AS A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF PROPERTY AND/OR SERIOUS INJURY. ANY USE OF THE PRODUCT AS A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING SHALL TERMINATE ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES HEREUNDER. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY STUDIO SHED (PURSUANT TO SECTION 10 BELOW) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, AND LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT AS A RESIDENCE OR DWELLING.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to defend, with counsel approved by Studio Shed, all actions against Studio Shed, its officers, directors, managers, shareholders, members, employees, agents, beneficiaries, successors, and other representatives (the "Indemnified Parties") with respect to, and to pay, protect, and indemnify and save harmless all Indemnified Parties from and against, any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), causes of action, suits, claims, demands, or judgments of any nature arising from or relating to the injury to or death of any person, or damage to or loss of property, caused by or incurred in connection with your use or misuse of the Product.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL STUDIO SHED BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERUPTION, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCT (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY), EVEN IF STUDIO SHED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF STUDIO SHEDS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY), EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU TO STUDIO SHEDS.
(Certain state laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein. In such states, Studio Shed’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.)
12. TRADEMARKS AND TRADENAMES. You acknowledge and agree that all brand names, trade names, and trademarks incorporated onto or associated with the Product (collectively, the "Marks") purchased hereunder are the exclusive property of Studio Shed and that you shall not acquire any rights in any of the Marks by purchasing the Product. You shall not make any use of the Marks at any time except as otherwise authorized in writing by Studio Shed.
13. PROPRIETARY INFORMATION/NONDISCLOSURE. You acknowledge and agree that any knowledge or information, including drawings, designs, specifications, plans, and data, that Studio Shed may have disclosed or may hereafter disclose to you incident to the placing and filling of an Order shall, at all times, remain the exclusive property of Studio Shed, and you shall acquire no interest in, or right with respect to, such proprietary information unless otherwise stated in writing by Studio Shed. You further acknowledge and agree that such proprietary information constitutes valuable, special, and unique business assets of Studio Shed and that you shall not now or at any time in the future use any such information in any manner or disclose any such information to any person or entity, except as expressly permitted in writing by Studio Shed.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. ALL MATTERS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER AND VENUE OF ANY SUIT WILL BE IN THE STATE COURTS LOCATED IN BOULDER COUNTY, COLORADO OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO LOCATED IN DENVER, COLORADO.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions together with the Order constitute the parties' entire agreement relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, and representations with respect to such subject matter. No modification to these terms and conditions will be binding unless in writing and signed by each party.
16. NO WAIVER. No waiver of any provision of these terms and conditions or delay by either party in enforcement of any right hereunder shall be construed as a continuing waiver or create an expectation of non-enforcement of that or any other provision or right.
17. SEVERABILITY. In the event any provision herein should be held unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such court is hereby authorized to amend such provision so that it will be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law, and all remaining provisions shall continue in full force without being affected, impaired, or invalidated thereby in any way.
18. NO ASSIGNMENT. You agree that you may not to assign or transfer any of your rights arising out of or related to these terms and conditions or your purchase of Product.
19. ATTORNEYS FEES. You agree that if you fail to timely pay to Studio Sheds any sums due hereunder and Studio Sheds sues to collect such sums, you will be liable for reasonable attorney’s fees so incurred by Studio Sheds.
I hereby agree to order the Product at the stated costs and have read and agree to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, incorporated herein under this referenceI understand that Studio Shed reserves the right to change, discontinue or substitute materials. I understand that the Product delivered will consist of all floor (unless buyer states otherwise), wall, door, and roof parts and pieces, as well as fasteners, but does not include any foundational work, lighting, electrical, steps, or wheels from Studio Shed or its delivery personnel, unless otherwise stated.