by studio shed
The original. From simple storage to studio spaces with lifestyle interiors, it’s the backyard shed, re-imagined.
Our modular system with your personal touches. A modern garage or your dream backyard office or studio. Get creative.
what our customers say about studio shed
- “We could not be more happy with our Studio Shed. We live in San Francisco which means that our backyard is rather small as space is at a premium. We got to design our shed from color to lights to windows and made many changes to the design which was always handled kindly. The installation of the shed only took one week which was a small miracle considering the extremely tight space the construction folks had to work with. It is now a beautiful, quiet, peaceful office space and looks so great in our back yard. We could not have made a better investment with our money and our time.”
- B. McBride, San Francisco, CA
Designer Series Features
- 14′ and 16′ depths and a variety of lengths. Maximum size is 16′x34′. Additional 1′ of interior ceiling height standard.
- 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 framing and Zip System weatherproof wall panels
- Full length tapered roof rafters
- ¾” Plywood decking with Ice and Water shield
- 24-gauge corrugated Galvalume roofing with exposed fasteners
- Signature Cloudlight aluminum clad double pane windows
- HardiPanel and Galvalume options available in multiple colors.
- 1 year manufacturers warranty on all models plus extended warranties on doors and windows
Green materials, sustainably built:
- FSC certified lumber, recycled metals and materials throughout, optimized prefabricated production.
- Meets building codes throughout the US
Designer Series Options
Studio Shed Designer Series models are an extension of our modular system that can accommodate additional customization beyond our Signature Series. Due to the nature of our panelized system some customization is possible and some is not. Some popular Designer Series options include:
- Non-standard window or door placement
- Rough openings for garage or overhead doors
- Enclosed eaves
- Multiple connected units
- All options in Studio Shed’s Signature Series are always available in Designer Series models:
- Multiple Vistalite vertical window configurations
- Multiple operable windows by Milgard
- Multiple single and french door options
- Bronze Aluminum Package
- Lifestyle Interior Package – additional customization available
- If you can’t quite build what you want online in our 3D Shed Configurator, ordering a Designer Series model from Studio Shed is a simple process. Either give us a call, or request a quote online to get an estimate based on the size and options you’re looking for.
- Designer Series models are priced on a quoted basis via our website or through your local sales representative. Once you place your order, you’ll work one-on-one with our design team to bring your dream Studio Shed to reality. Our design team will send you detailed drawings for your approval and coordinate your production, shipping and installation dates. We offer a number of supporting products as well if you have to permit your Designer Series model. Typical turnaround time for unpermitted projects is about 6-8 weeks. Larger structures with required permits typically have a longer lead time. Timeline for installed products may vary due to certified installer availability.
- All Studio Shed products come with a 1-3 year warranty (term depends on specific options ordered) against manufacturer defects. Installations are performed by licensed and insured general contractors. For more information about our terms and conditions, please click here.
- What sets Studio Shed apart is our national network of Professional Installers. You never have to find a contractor to build your Studio Shed. Most custom options in our Designer Series can be installed by our Professional Teams. Certain optional equipment may not be available as installed product in all markets. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
- What sets Studio Shed apart is our national network of Professional Installers. You never have to find a contractor to build your Studio Shed.
- The members of our Professional Teams are experts in building our modular spaces and in most cases can build your Studio Shed Signature Model for you in 2-3 days, or as little as one week for models with a Lifestyle Interior.
We offer multiple installation options:
- As the name says, you do it yourself! This is a great option for the handy homeowner who enjoys a weekend project and wants to save money. Every DIY Studio Shed purchase includes the same installer training tools that we use with our own Professional Install Teams. From specific building plans to short videos detailing key steps, we’ve got you covered – and we’re always just a phone call away.
Studio Shed Professional Installation – Shell Only:
- Our Certified Installers take delivery of your Studio Shed and install all wall panels, roofing and siding. For clients who purchase a Studio Shed without a LifestyleTM Interior, this is a complete installation of the product. This is also a popular option for clients who choose a Lifestyle Interior and have the ability to install and paint the interior finishes themselves as panels are still pre-insulated and all electrical items are included.
Studio Shed Professional Installation – Shell + LifestyleTM Interior:
- A premium turnkey installation of your Studio Shed and all options. If you want to go to work and have your new Studio Shed appear in your backyard over a matter of days – this is for you. All of our Certified Installers are licensed, insured professionals who deliver the same level of service we would expect at our own homes.